Thursday, September 9, 2010

The essence of pleasure is spontaneity…

Labor Day weekend usually consists of college kids going home for the weekend to do traditional, ritualistic things with their families. I decided to be spontaneous and stay in La Crosse for the weekend, which is merely coincidental with the fact that I’m broke and couldn’t afford to go home. Although I didn’t get to spend time with my family, my weekend was not in vain.

This is the first weekend that I’ve stayed here since I moved into the residence hall, so I wasn’t quite sure on what I was going to do to occupy my time. I haven’t become familiar with very many people here, and most of my friends went home for the weekend, so my choices were limited. I started out just hanging around in my dorm room, which was all but exciting. I decided to go watch a movie in another dorm, but then was soon interrupted by a text message stating that my roommates were having an issue and the RA was going to be involved. Woo, way to start off my weekend, guys! I wasn’t going to let this little blip on my radar ruin the whole battle though.

The rest of the extended weekend brought many better things for me. I made a few new friends, and I had a blast with them! Kicking back, playing random video games, and trying out new food was definitely the way to make this weekend a total win. Not only did I keep myself occupied, but I met many great people that I will have around for the year, and hopefully even beyond that! I can now look forward to the weekends, and my stay here at the residence hall will be that much more enjoyable.

4 comments:

  1. JACK! You need to get a job so you can go home and see your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i agree with Karley!! I love spending time with my family, i think all people too....SO GET MONEY!!! HAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I finally DID get a job :)

    ReplyDelete